Judge Me With What I Have Done, Not with What I will Do - Senator Nwaoboshi

Senator Nwaoboshi

…As He Consults With Chairman, Councillors Of Aniocha North
…Urges Them To Make Peace In The Interest of the People.

By Chijioke Ugbolue
The Distinguished Senator representing Delta North in the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Senator Peter Nwaoboshi has called on the Chairman and Councillors of Aniocha North Local Government to judge him based on his contributions to the PDP, the Anioma Nation and Delta State.

Senator Nwaoboshi spoke when he paid consultation visit to the Chairman and councilors of Aniocha North Local Government on Friday 3rd August, 2018 at the Chambers of the Local Government Legislative Arm at Issele-Uku, the administrative headquarters of Aniocha North.

The highly charismatic Senator said that he would not like to be judge based on what he will do, adding that he would like to be remembered based on his contributions to humanity.



Senator Nwaoboshi who chairs the Senate Committee on Niger Delta Affairs stated that, what he has done for the PDP in the State, his contribution to the political involvement of Anioma Nation in the Delta State Project as well as what he has done for the past three years as the Senator of the federal Republic of Nigeria representing the Anioma Nation is enough for them to judge him with.

“For the past four years as the Senator representing you at the Senate, I have remained committed; I remained a strong voice in protecting the interest of Anioma.

“AS I stand I can count a minimum of five projects I have done in every local Government area in Delta North, these are verifiable facts, and not I will do, when you have not done any verifiable thing for the people.

“in competing with me, remember the fact that I am in the opposition and if I can be in the opposition and be able to head the most powerful position in the senate of the Federal republic of Nigeria.

“I Have been able to make my mark in every local Government, that is why I make bold to say that I did that and did this in this local government”, Nwaoboshi stated, even as he enumerated the projects he attracted to Aniocha North Local Government Area to include the ongoing construction of Ogbompka-Ugbulubu Road, the Obomkpa-Ugboba Road, the ongoing road construction at Onicha-Ugbo, the ongoing construction of Issele-uku Market Road amongst others.

The Distinguished Senator further Stated that he has been able to attract a Federal Polytechnic for the whole of Delta North, adding that he has been working on so many other projects that will have direct impact on the lives of the People of the Senatorial District, even as he said that as an Anioma Man, he has been able to protect the interest of Anioma by working assiduously with the State Governor, Senator Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa.

“I have been ensuring the protection of the Anioma People to make sure there is peace in Anioma, to make sure that there is a conducive atmosphere for the Governor to perform and to make sure that am able to ward off any attack from any angle so that the Governor can perform creditably as the Governor of this State.

“If you go to the Stadium in Asaba you will be proud and happy that Anioma Man is the Governor of the State. If you go to the Airport today you will be proud that Anioma Son is governing the State. If you see the ongoing Construction of Asaba Storm Water Project, you will be proud.

“I remember how these Issele-Uku roads used to be when we are coming in. If not that we have the Governor will you be filling the impact of Governance.

“Those are the things we must have at the back of our mind, Forget about money, money is not the  most important thing. What they will remember you for as somebody who has been privileged, what value you have added with the opportunity given to you is what matters.

“You cannot go with your name to the grave, neither will you go to the grave with your wealth; it is what you have done to improve on the society that counts,” Senator Nwaoboshi stated and stressed that he has added value to the PDP in the State.

“I have never left the PDP for One day, my chambers was the first office of the PDP in Delta State and that that is where PDP started. I have never left PDP whether good or bad; I have remain and committed to the Party.

“I have a stake in PDP and that was why I was able to lead the fight that Anioma Man must be the Governor. There is nothing you are going to tell me in PDP in Delta State, I was there when everything was being done. So any Anioma Man who does not believe that we should take that position that God has given to us is not a true born of Anioma”.

He commended the councillors for the massive support they have given to him and the governor and said that all that he did for the past three years as the Distinguished Senator representing them at the Senate was  based on three things, the conducive atmosphere given to him by the people of Anioma nation to sit at the senate to do his legislative work, his good working relationship with the State Governor and the fact that a day will come when he will come back to ask for another mandate, adding that he knew that it will be a time when he will be ask to account for the first mandate given to him.

He therefore asked for their votes as they go for the party primaries, assuring that he wants to be at the national Assembly for another four years to be able to continue to protect the Governor for the next four years that Anioma Man will be at the Delta State Government House, even as he promised that they will continue to give the people of Delta North Senatorial District an identity, hence, making them proud in the Delta State project.

Meanwhile, the Senator representing Delta North in the National Assembly, Senator Peter Nwaoboshi has called on the Chairman of Aniocha North Local Government, Hon. Chuks Oseme, the Leader of the Legislative Arm of the Local Government, Hon. Ekene Nwaonye and other councilors of the Local Government to work towards ensuring peace in Aniocha North for the sake of the people of the area.

Senator Nwaoboshi made the appeal when he paid a visit the local government on Friday 3rd August, 2018 at Issele-Uku.

The Distinguished senator who spoke like a leader and a Father said that he has the onerous responsibility as the highest political office holder in the senatorial district and a major stakeholder in the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP Delta State to ensure that peace reigns in every part of the district, adding that progress can never be possible in an atmosphere of rancor and bitterness.

“I want to appeal to you, that am a leader in PDP, I have been a founding member of this party, I am a leader in this party, am the first secretary of this party, I have been the State Chairman of this party, I have a stake in this party, I have been a Commissioner in this party, I have been a special adviser in this party and I have never left this party to any other party.

“So I have a stake in the peace of PDP in Delta State, I have a stake of peace for everybody in Anioma; I have a stake in the peace in this Local Government, because this is part of my constituency. If there is a problem in anywhere within my constituency, I have a stake to ensure that there is peace in that particular part of the constituency.

“Therefore, I have come with a message of Peace to you the councilors and the Chairman; a message of reconciliation. It is a message that you have to look at the general people who have voted you in.

“These are the people, when two elephants fight; it is the grass or the people that suffers. When there is no peace, there will never have a progress,” the distinguished senator stated and appealed to them to   remain one and united no matter the differences.

He reminded them that the political positions they are occupying in the Local Government was a privileged one given to them by God, stressing that opportunity comes but once, hence the need to make good use of every opportunity they have found themselves.

“I am the highest political office holder in this senatorial district and so I have dropped the message of peace to all of you. If not for the sake of anybody, but for my sake let there be peace. Even if you don’t want to vote for me, I want peace in Anioma,” Senator Nwaoboshi stated, even as he called on the leaders of the Local Government to give peace a chance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you