UDUAGHAN THREATENS LEGAL ACTION AGAINST FACEBOOK ACCUSER

DETERMINED to clear his name of any financial misdemeanor, Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State has threatened to institute a legal action against one Odafe Harry, a Facebook user, who accused him of looting the state treasury.

Uduaghan, on his Facebook account with the name Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan, contended that he had already briefed his lawyers to institute a legal action against Odafe to show the veracity of his claim.

Odafe, in his 30s, last week Friday, posted on a Facebook group, “DELTANS; HOW UNA SEE AM?” with Uduaghan’s picture calling people’s attention to “behold the face of the greatest looter of our time; Deltans, would we allow this thief to go to the Senate?”

The post has attracted 110 comments and 16 likes from members of the forum, but Uduaghan said Odafe must come out to prove before a competent court that the allegation was true.

The governor‘s post came 14 hours later, at exactly 8.09 a.m. on Saturday.

Uduaghan insisted that since the accuser had the right to speak his mind, he also had the right to clear his name.

Uduaghan’s post in the same group read: “Dear admin. My attention has been drawn to a post by one Odafe Harry at 6.18.p.m. on Sunday. While he has his right to say his mind, I also have my right to clear my name. I am, therefore, briefing my lawyers. Odafe needs to give the facts of the money I looted, how I looted the money and where I am keeping the money.”
Source: Tribune

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you