SHOCKING REVELATION: Ogboru Received, Ran Away With N42m Election Money –Clark

Left-Ogboru, Rigth is Chief E.K Clark
Elder statesman and foremost Ijaw national leader, Chief Edwin Clark has made startling revelations on how the governorship candidate of the Democratic People’s Party (DPP) in the 2007 and 2011 general elections in Delta State, Chief Great Ogboru ran away with N42m contributed for him to pursue his guber aspiration.

Clark, who spoke when an aspirant for the 2015 governorship race, Obaisi Ovie Omo-Agege visited his Kiagbodo country home in continuation of his consultation with stakeholders on his gubernatorial quest.

Recalling the political upheavals that engulfed the State in the aftermath of the emergence of Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan as the State Governor in 2007, he said: “For sometime Delta was divided, there was no peace. I now met people like Great Ogboru to come and intervene but for reasons best known to them they lost. One has to be sincere. In this house, I collected money from people, I gave Ogboru on this floor N42 million I collected from people for him. What did he do with the money? When he failed, he ran away with the money to Lagos.


His words:“What I’m trying to say is that, Uduaghan decided in his second term, the we came together; the state executive was shared into two, so when we settled, peace returned to the State and since then our governor has been doing very well; there has been lots of achievements; we are together. But I advised him, ‘when the time comes, let us conduct a good farewell party for you and you will be friend of everybody, but our governor, don’t impose anybody on us’.

“I’m using this occasion to advise people who want to be governor, not to use the name of the governor, to gather together. House of Assembly members making laws in the house to conspire against their colleagues, using the name of people in government, that should be stopped. I have stated that I do not want to make any statement about governor until Mr. President declares his intention to contest for a second term. I have told him. So if anybody comes to tell you that I Chief Clark or the governor took him to meet Mr. President that is a lie.

“We all have a stake, when you come to me like this, I’m an old man, I will give you my blessings and tell you to go and fight, the main thing I say to you is not for you to go and be there illegally, go and fight with the others. That is what is called primaries. And if we have that, the people of this state will be able to choose a man of timber and calibre, a man who is competent, a man who is honest, a man who is transparent, a man who has good personality, a man without bad record, the people will choose, don’t think they are illiterate. They know who is good.”

Continuing, he said: “I have told people, when you are 70 or above, you are at the departure lodge, waiting for your boarding pass. This is what I told them at the national conference when they said ‘Chief Clark and others are too old’, I stood up and I told them, yes, I am 87.
When you are 70 years and above you are at your departure lodge waiting for your boarding parts.

“I waited but God refused to give me my boarding pass, and when they asked why, ‘‘I said because God told me that you are one of those who caused some of the problems in Nigeria, go back and see that they are resolved before you come to me for your boarding pass’.
So, I will stay to help, to direct so that we will have a proper governor in Delta State before God will call me.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you