COMMUNIQUÉ SAGA: OKOCHA DISOWNS OKOWA, MONYE OTHERS

Peter Eloka Okocha
As controversies continues to trail the authenticity of the communiqué issued by some desperate governorship aspirants who are knee on foisting their aspiration on deltans, one of the aspirant whose name was included to give credence to the communique has denied being part of the meeting. 

Mr. Peter Eloka Okocha, a businessman, philanthropist and PDP Governorship aspirant in Delta State made this  disclosure when he visited Vanguard office in Lagos recently. 

Abuja 14
Mr. Okocha said he was never invited to the meeting hence he could not have signed what he did not partook in.

''Let me tell you because this is what I told them. I do not sign to something that I am not privy to, I was not invited and I was only called by a friend. I believe maybe Chief E.K Clark prompted them or he wanted to know why I was not there and I said I was not invited. So I could not sign what I never partook in, I saw the communiqué just like every other Nigerian saw it on the pages of the newspapers."    

Speaking further, he said, "you have read it just like I did; part of their complaints is imposition. Am I for imposition? I don’t believe that in any democratic setting it exists."

Those who were at the meeting include Senator Ifeanyi Okowa, Hon Victor Ochei, Barr Kenneth Gbagi, Ovie Omo-Agege, Johnson Opone, Esther Uduehi, Prefessor Sylvester Monye, Hon. Gabriel Etaoghenevwegba Oyibode. 

It would be recalled that Professor Monye was accused of forging the signature of Hon Elumelu who was also not at the meeting, though this professor turned politician has denied his involvement in the signature.
In a press release by his Campaign Organisation, Monye stated that though he was asked by Elumelu to sign on his behalf, according to him, a request he turned down therefore, the house decided to lift Elumelu's name from the previous meeting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you